"We should All Be Feminists" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
How can you have a war on terrorism when war itself is terrorism?
#6 Dennis Dortch - Jabari Johnson's Words with Friends
Dennis Dortch is an independent filmmaker and the founder of Black & Sexy TV, a media company most known for it’s YouTube channel and mini-series.
"The problem with a lot of independent filmmakers is we just want to make films but you have to also be a marketer and promoter" - Dennis Dortch
- Creating his first feature film, A Good Day to be Black & Sexy and getting into Sundance
- Betting on yourself and figuring out how you should take chances
- Issa Rae’s “Awkward Black Girl” and being inspired to create shows for YouTube
- Building an audience on YouTube
- Creating a language that your audience will attract to
- Having three crowd funding campaigns to produce their content
- Creating new business models and selling/distributing content off YouTube
- Getting a development deal with HBO and working with Spike Lee
Follow Black & Sexy TV: